-
May 31st, 2005, 02:03 AM
#411
Inactive Member
However, I doubt you will mock their beliefs/opinions/whatever to their face constantly, and if you do, then they've got a better tolerance of disrespect than I do.
-
May 31st, 2005, 07:59 AM
#412
HB Forum Owner
The only difference is they don't take friendly discussions personally, they know friendship is placed above all that, and worth more than not agreeing on where does cock go. See how I was never offended or even slightly pissed at anything you ever said, even though it's radically opposed to what I think and like. Even though I'm the closeminded fool. You even said I should not be allowed to talk about something. Even though I'm the closeminded fool.
I think it's worth considering who is actually closeminded: to be closeminded or not does not have to do with what you think and whether you are on the conservative side or not, but with how you take what others think. And burning a friendship that lasted for years because you can't take how the other thinks on a politics matter that's personally irrelevant for both, is pretty fucking retarded and quite sad.
<font color="#345E81" size="1">[ May 31, 2005 05:02 AM: Message edited by: -Wiseman- ]</font>
-
May 31st, 2005, 11:30 AM
#413
Inactive Member
When you can say something like Islam is aimed at killing people, I wouldn't want to be friends with you. I don't thinky ou understand just how terrible a thing that is to say, as you're too busy caught up in your hating of relgiions. That's ignoring that you mock nearly every other thing that I (Or OCB) think that you disagree with. This is a total lack of respect for that person, and I'm sorry that I Have some dignity and don't think some respect.
And what the hell? Closemindedness is not listening to others have to say, and considering them. If I hadn't listened to what you said, I wouldn't eb so disgusted with you.
And yet again, it's not a matter of irrelevant things- This is how you are as a person, that you can be so terrible about a people. You don't understand that that is essentially racist, as are a few other things you've said in the past. However, because it's a religion, you excuse it as being alright.
-
May 31st, 2005, 02:33 PM
#414
HB Forum Owner
I don't thinky ou understand just how terrible a thing that is to say
What the fuck. Saying what I said is a mere act of compassion. (Before you burn me like the inquisition did for this, read up to the fourth paragraph.) Muhammad(sp?) started this crap with the intent of having more control over the other beasts, enjoying more bloodsheds, and raping more young children, according to their own biography of muhammad. A vital part of islam is to kill its enemies, torturing them in the process. A dozen literal quotes from all koran translations support this. Therefore, islam's intent is (at least in part) to kill people.
Other Western religions are not much better (notice: Buddhism, Taoism, Shintoism, an similar are *infinitely* better, I even hate to have to call them "religions" like the rest). In fact, religious organizations like the inquisition were founded with the sole puspose of controling everything and killing more people. And I doubt you'd think what I just said of the inquisition is terrible. Yet I wonder, why can you see this so clearly happening in your own culture or family of cultures (considering Western Europe and christianity), while you fail to see this in foreigners'?
But do not listen to me. Read what an islam scholar has to say about it. Then read what *WARNING: NR-18 AND SEMI-GORE CONTENTS* good people who happened to be raised muslim ** say. This is one among thousands. One who was lucky enough not to be killed before he could tell the world how islam is from the inside. The media have censored him and so many others because the would open the happy western lambs' eyes, but the Internet is still free. It's easy to repeat what politicians and grand tolerants say, having not even set a foot on such "peace-loving" countries.
You think I'm terrible because I said that. Well. After knowing what islam does, the terrible thing to me -and what I couldn't sleep peacefully with- would be to close my eyes knowing that suffering exists, and blindly follow the "islam is a religion of peace lol wtf" position imposed by economic interests and politically-correct, media-supproted, supposedly grand tolerant nazis.
I have a dream that one day I'll wake up in a world that does not torture and murder people because of religious creed. I think it's a sweet dream, not a terrible thing at all.
Closemindedness is not listening to others have to say, and considering them.
I always do and did this; I don't come here to fart on threads and go; I read everything seriously, ESPECIALLY YOUR POSTS - or so I did - because you were in my list of smart people, and your opinions carried greater weight. But you seem to confuse "considering" with "agreeing with". I don't have to agree with you to consider what you say, just like you considered what I said without agreeing with me at all.
If your definition of closemindedness is then to agree with you, then yes, I'm closeminded by your definition, because I don't agree with you.
you mock nearly every other thing that I (Or OCB) think that you disagree with
Lol. I mock nearly every thing that anybody ever liked. Am I not purposely making myself sound stupid with so much shounen anime? Am I not calling myself a geek all the time? Am I not saying this is the intarweb? Am I not saying I spend several hours of my life posting cockmongler shops on 4chan and laughing at it? Am I not calling a guy I don't even know my sensei and spiritual leader?
that is essentially racist, as are a few other things you've said in the past
I don't hate stuff because it's yellow, white, brown, or black. I don't hate stuff because it's fat or thin. I hate stuff whose official law and behaviour is to do bad shit. Why do you hate and mock valley girls? Isn't that racist too? You don't know every one of them! This is the same. Don't fall for the political-correctness lie.
Besides, only morons take generalizations literal. Do you think when I say "Japanese videogame companies are stupid" I mean every single videogame company that's Japanese is hopelessly stupid? All I mean is it's a common trend I've noticed. If we were to speak properly all the time, my posts would be larger than all the toilet paper I ever used. Read carefully any post and see how many times we're generalizing. It's the way of human intelligence and language.
I'm sorry for the Josh of old, the one that was fun to talk to regardless of our differences - including religion. He wouldn't have liked the person you became.
And because I've been serious for too long today, I'll continue after my fifth paragraph: I also have another dream - to one day tap Shion's ass. If you still know me, you'll know this was coming since I wrote that part.
<font color="#345E81" size="1">[ May 31, 2005 11:36 AM: Message edited by: -Wiseman- ]</font>
-
May 31st, 2005, 02:52 PM
#415
Inactive Member
Idea: Let's all get livejournals and make all our posts there. It'll be just as effective as this place, as no one is reading other posts.
Seriously, this is pathetic. We're bearly friends on this forum. We only post here out of addiction.
I propose we disband this forum. Then we can just talk to those we want to speak to.
This place has collapsed. If we go back two years and look at our posts, you can see the fun we had. But like a good cheesecake, it will go bad if you take too long eating it.
-
May 31st, 2005, 04:46 PM
#416
Inactive Member
"I don't care what you think anymore."
This is friendship?
-
May 31st, 2005, 04:50 PM
#417
HB Forum Owner
IRT OCB:
From one post above that:
...That is the single most idiotic, ignorant think I've heard in quite some time. [...] You shouldn't even be allowed to speak [...]
This is friendship?
-
May 31st, 2005, 05:07 PM
#418
Senior Hostboard Member
Sadly I totally agree with OCB on this. Dunno what has changed, the members, myself, or just times passed by... I dunno, but the magic I saw in this place is over... Last summer when I joined, I really enjoyed this place ~ it was the first thing in my life, a place where I can go, a place in which I felt awesome. I remember the times, when I stayed up till 6am (unless my mother told me not to) reading Grandia II. Fanfics and/or MiniTokyo... and ofcourse the Granaboard, minimum 15 windows open, checking all of the topics every minute by pressing F5, to see if anyone has replied. Getting up at 4 am to be here when everyone is, Wiseman, Cavalier, Xellos, OCB, Nevan, Sizer-chan, CBA, Cataferal.... as far as I can remember, all of You as great people, even if I was goofy, it still meant a lot for me to be here. I miss the old times, where I had much much more fun, now it's only a place... a good place regardless, but what I visit without the same fanatism and joy I did last summer. The nights were so much hotter then... I'm sure I have changed too, in a boring/bad way even, and I also learned much, and can thank many things to this board... things about life, news, fun good friendly talks, the old insanity, interesting new things, the kind helping, and I could continue with exact examples... but I won't or I would start crying... I miss that magic... no other word for it. A lot of my friends simply vanished. I looked up to many members, even admired them, they changed in a way I don't like... ofcourse that's my problem. And also, some people just stayed the same, which is alright too. I don't want to hurt anyone, nor I think I do... it only hurts to look back, and then realize that is gone, probably forever. This atmosphere... it's not the same. There's nothing you can do Wiseman, unless you can travel back a year, and stop that time. Times and people changes, I know very well. I can only feel the pain in my heart, of losing this place... and I did already somewhat. I always said I don't want, and never will leave this place, but now I'm not even sure of that. I already see OCB's reply to this with "Leave then!" or something like that in his way of words. I can only say, I got disappointed....
-
May 31st, 2005, 05:16 PM
#419
Senior Hostboard Member
I cannot write too much to this, because I wasn't here when you guys had that much fun, but I did read a few earlier topics, and yeah, it was much different from today's atmosphere. I still like this board, cause I think you guys are good ppl, but it's lack the fun. Maybe the board got a bit too serious? Some members indeed changed(some in bad way, some in good). This board gave tons of good things to readers, and sadly I hafta accept Ocb has a point. But I think almost everyone read other post(okay, I really don't read topics like: Halo2, quotes from 4chan, cause I don't play/read/go with them/there), but not every topic. When others have bad day I understand he/she is not in good mood and that can cause lotsa trouble. I hope this board will live for long, but change back a lil
-
May 31st, 2005, 05:28 PM
#420
HB Forum Owner
I'd like to know what Raij, N, Cata, etc. think about this. Especially Raij, who started being active much later, loved the board (at least parts of it), and may have a different viewpoint.
IRT Dreamer: I miss the old times, where I had much much more fun
Then let's stop being emo about it and do something to get them back.
things about life
About one's life: The bizarre questions thread has been a success, I think.
About life in general: We've been lacking. Do you have ideas for new threads? Last time I tried a philosophy thread Xellos dismissed it with something like "well that's all there is to it if you think like that" and others didn't post much/at all.
news
I was intending to comment some news in this thread. Perhaps we need a News discussion thread, I'll create one whenever I have something else to comment on that won't be boring.
fun good friendly talks
I think the best we had lately is the bizarre questions thread, but perhaps it's not too interactive. I'll take a look at the questions we answered and will create threads to discuss a couple of them with more depth to see if that works.
the old insanity
Scrub throwing? I'm not into that (I was never really into that to tell the truth). If you meant otherwise post an example, please.
interesting new things
I think this would be the news thread I mentioned before. We also have an active insanity links thread.
the kind helping
I've been as helpful as I could whenever anybody had a problem, and I didn't notice other members being less helping than they used to. Can you elaborate some more on this, please?
I miss that magic...
Don't think we've always been as we were when you joined. We had bad times, shitty times, good times, and awesome times in all eras.
I looked up to many members, even admired them, they changed in a way I don't like...
I don't know if I'm in this group or not (although I don't remember any important changes, save for an obsession with /b). But since you're talking in such a nice way, if I'm one of the people you think changed, please let me know what is it exactly, and I'll try to make the appropiate adjustments. I don't mean I'd change, I just mean I'd try to do stuff you like more, and do stuff you dislike less.
I don't want to hurt anyone
Don't worry. You can't hurt me (it would really take a lot), so please be as sincere as you want, you know I value posts like yours.
This atmosphere... it's not the same.
Well, if users want it, I can offer Xellos a truce and avoid all things that could make the atmosphere worse.
There's nothing you can do Wiseman
Try me. There are few things I can't do.
IRT HK: Maybe the board got a bit too serious?
Really? I think I've been less serious than usual. Might be true for other members though.
Some members indeed changed(some in bad way, some in good)
Mind being more specific? I really want to know what do you think about me. Be sincere, I don't mind if you think I've changed for worse. I just want to know.
This board gave tons of good things to readers
Do you think I should write more articles?
<font color="#345E81" size="1">[ May 31, 2005 02:31 PM: Message edited by: -Wiseman- ]</font>
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks